Click HERE for Learning Outcomes
Spencer Fox Eccles Business Building (SFEBB) 7132
Minimum Master Hours: 30
The Master of Science in Information Systems program offers students advanced graduate specializations in a variety of today’s hottest IT fields including Data Management, IT Security, Operations, Project Management and more. Each concentration offers University of Utah students a unique competitive advantage that will prepare them for high-level leadership positions in major corporations.
The MSIS degree is offered for students whose primary interest lies at the intersection of business and technology. The MSIS provides a general background in the fundamentals of information systems, and offers a variety of elective classes in several IS domain areas: Web Development, IT Security, Data Management/Analytics, and Operations.
The MSIS degree is flexible and tailored for students who work full time. Classes are offered in the evening, M-Th. With 30 required credit hours, the program can be completed in one year (three semesters); some students take longer. The maximum time allowed for completion of required coursework is four consecutive calendar years.
Admission requirements for the Information Systems MS program:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- GMAT/GRE Score
- TOEFL/IELTS score (only required for international students)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Professional Resume
- Application Fee
- School of Business Online Application
Fast Track Information Systems MS Program. Applicants that qualify for our Fast Track Application Process earn the right to waive the GMAT/GRE and 2 letters of recommendation. The School of Business Online Application and essays are still required.
To be eligible for the Fast Track program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete seven of the eight upper division IS courses at the University of Utah. Equivalents at other institutions are not accepted. ( , , , , , , or )
- Complete at least four of the required upper division IS courses at the time of application.
- Maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA in upper division IS courses.
- Maintain a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.4.
This degree has the option to be a combined degree with a bachelor’s of Information Systems.
- IS majors at the DESB may be admitted into the MSIS program after completing 90 credit hours and will complete both degrees consecutively with a minimum of 152 credit hours. Please contact email@example.com or 801-581-7785 for more information.