Nov 19, 2017
Click HERE for Learning Outcomes
Major Requirements for Kinesiology - Exercise Science Emphasis
Kinesiology Program-Exercise Science Emphasis
HPER Complex North 241
Minimum Degree Hours: 122
Minimum Major Hours: 77
This emphasis is dedicated to helping students better understand the disciplines within Kinesiology (KINES); including pedagogy, kinesiology, exercise physiology, and sport/exercise psychology. The 33 hours of required electives allow students to supplement and enhance their KINES education with additional courses in Kinesiology, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Nutrition, Health Promotion (HEDU), and Parks, Recreation, and Tourism (PRT). Most students emphasizing in this area plan on attending a graduate and/or professional degree program after their undergraduate degree. Entry into post-graduation opportunities that are related to kinesiology will necessitate consultation with advisors so that appropriate departmental and allied field course work may be elected. Some of these opportunities include: degree programs in the fields of kinesiology, medicine, osteopathic medicine, dentistry, nursing, gerontology (certificate available), physical therapy, occupational therapy and physician’s assistant, as well as exercise/fitness related professions.
- All required course work must be completed with a C- or better.
Honors in Kinesiology
Students seeking an HBS in Kinesiology must complete:
Course must be completed or in progress at time of major declaration.
Math Statistics Course
(Complete one course)
Math College Algebra Course
Sample 4-yr Degree Plan
Note: This is just a sample. Log into My Degree Dashboard (in CIS) and meet with your academic advisor to fit a program of study with your academic record.
- BIOL 1210 - Principles of Biology 4 Credit(s) - Fulfills SF Requirement
- General Education - (WR2) 3 Credit(s)
- General Education - (HF) 3 Credit(s)
- General Education - (FF) 3 Credit(s)
- General Education - (AI) 3 Credit(s)
- KINES 3092 - Kinesiology 3 Credit(s)
- Kinesiology - Required Elective Hours 6 Credit(s)
- General Elective Hours 4 Credit(s)
- ESSF Fitness Course 2 Credit(s)