Oct 17, 2017
Click HERE for Expected Learning Outcomes.
Major Requirements for Economics - Statistical Analysis Emphasis
332 S. 1400 E., Bldg 73 Rm 222, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Minimum Degree Hours: 122
Minimum Major Hours: 48
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 in all ECON courses
- Complete all major courses with a C- or better
- Complete a minimum of 36 credit hours in ECON courses and 12 credit hours in Allied courses
- Complete at least 18 credit hours of ECON courses at the University of Utah
Honors in Economics
Students seeking an HBA or HBS in Economics must complete:
Emphasis Required Courses
Choose 1 additional course from 1 of the focus areas below.
Complete 2 additional courses from ECON 3000-5999. Each course must be at least 3 credit hours.
In addition to the Economics credits, a minimum of 12 semester credit hours is required from related areas of study, all of which must be upper division. All upper division courses from The David Eccles School of Business, College of Social and Behavioral Science, College of Humanities, College of Social Work, College of Science, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, Undergraduate Studies, Honors Program or Computer Science.
Sample 4-yr Degree Plan
Note: This is just a sample. Log into My Degree Dashboard (in CIS) and meet with your academic advisor to fit a program of study with your academic record.
- ECON 2010 - Principles of Microeconomics 3 Credit(s) - Fulfills BF Requirement
- General Education (AI) - 3 Credit(s)
- General Education (WR2) - 3 Credit(s)
- General Education (SF) 3 Credit(s)
- Bachelor Degree - 1st Semester Language 4 Credit(s)
- ECON 2020 - Principles of Macroeconomics 3 Credit(s) - Fulfills BF Requirement
- General Education (QA) - 3 Credit(s)
- General Education (FF) - 3 Credit(s)
- General Education (SF/AS) 3 Credit(s)
- Bachelor Degree - 2nd Semester Language 4 Credit(s)
- ECON 3620 - Mathematics for Economists 3 Credit(s) - Fulfills QI Requirement
- ECON Elective 3 Credit(s)
- General Education (HF) - 3 Credit(s)
- General Education (FF) 3 Credit(s)
- Bachelor Degree - 3rd Semester Language 4 Credit(s)