Click HERE for Learning Outcomes.
College of Engineering
Entertainment Arts and Engineering Program
Minimum Degree Hours: 122
Minimum Major Hours: 69
The B.S. in Games (BSG) degree is intended for students who aspire to hold careers within the professional games industry or a related field, such as simulation, edutainment, or visualization, and is designed to prepare students to compete in an increasingly complex industry. The BSG prepares students with skills applicable to the development of entertainment software, games-based learning environments for K-12 students, professional task-training tools, serious games for health, and scientific collaboration or other contexts addressing compelling societal needs. This degree provides a technical grounding in mathematics and computational skills, core knowledge in the design and production of digital playable experiences, and specialization options that prepare students for technical supervision, tools development and overall game design.
- A minimum cumulative gpa of 3.0 must be maintained in all pre-major courses to apply to the major.
- A minimum cumulative gpa of 3.0 must be maintained overall to apply to the major.
- All major courses must be taken for a letter grade
- All major courses must be completed with a “C” or better
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA or higher in UofU courses
- Maintain a 2.75 GPA in EAE courses
Honors in Games
Students seeking an HBS in Games must complete: