Click HERE for Learning Outcomes
110 Central Campus Drive, Suite 2000
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Minimum Credit Hours: 32 credits
The following items must be submitted on the on-line application. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- Personal Statement
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Unofficial Transcripts - a minimum of a 3.00 or higher undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 scale is required
- Graduate Records Examination (GRE) - must be taken within the last 5 years
- MS applicants - minimum combined score of 300 on quantitative and verbal sections.
- PhD applicants - minimum quantitative score of 155 and minimum combined score of 300 on quantitative and verbal sections.
- International students
For more instructions on the application process please click here.
Credit Limitations. Students may count no more than 6 credit hours of undergraduate or transfer work and 9 credit hours of non-matriculated graduate work toward any graduate degree without prior approval. Candidates for graduate degrees are required to maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA with no grade below C accepted toward degrees. In addition, only one course (maximum of 4 credit hours) with a grade of C+ or C may be accepted for credit towards a graduate degree. For more detailed information, see the Graduate Information section of this catalog.
Degree Requirements. A minimum of 18 credit hours in science ofr engineering related coursework; post Master’s degree, of graduate coursework approved by their supervisory committee. A minimum of 6 credits of advanced level graduate coursework is required. In addition, students will be required to completed a minimum of 14 Dissertation Research Hours (CVEEN 7970) and be registered for a minimum of 3 credits during the semester of the Qualifying and Final Oral Examinations.
For general requirements, see Degree Requirements in the Graduate Study section of this catalog.
Information about financial aid and scholarships is available from the Department’s website and the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.