Oct 17, 2017
Major Requirements for Computer Science - Entertainment Arts & Engineering
School of Computing
Merrill Engineering Building 3190
Minimum Degree Hours: 124
Minimum Major Hours: 124
- A minimum cumulative gpa of 3.0 must be maintained in all pre-major courses to apply to the major.
- A minimum cumulative gpa of 3.0 must be maintained overall to apply to the major.
- A minimum cumulative gpa of 2.50 is required for graduation.
- A minimum cumulative gpa of 2.50 must be maintained in all CS courses for graduation.
See SoC undergraduate handbook for information on applying to the CS major
Complete 1 course. Math 2200, 3010, 3070, 5010 not allowed.
Complete 1 course(s)
Complete 2 CS elective courses.
- CS 4010 - 5999 (Except: Required CS Courses, CS 4190, 5010, 5040)
Breadth & Depth Requirement
Fine Arts Exploration - Required
Upper-Division General Education
Complete 2 course(s)
- Select FF, HF, BF, DV or IR courses (must be 3000-level or higher).
Honors Required Courses - Engineering [Official]
Students who complete the Honors Degree requirements AND maintain a 3.5 gpa will receive the Honors Degree (H.B.S.) designation on their diploma.
See Honors College for more information.
Complete 2 courses. Only one course from 3900, 3910, and 3920 can be used towards the two requirements.
Departmental Honors Courses (Fulfill Major Requirements)
Complete 4 courses (12 credit hours)
- Honors courses (HONOR or HON attribute) that meet general education (AI, FF, or BF) or bachelor’s degree (IR or DV) requirements
- Honors Internship (Partnership with Hinckley Institute)
- Honors Think Tank (3 electives, 9 credit hours)
- Study Abroad (needs approval, look at Honors website)
Complete 1 Honors Thesis course (DEPT 4999) in your major department.
Final thesis must be approved by Honors Advisor.